27 May 2007

Adding to My Stash

Over the past few weeks, I have been adding a couple of things to my knitting stash. I purchased two items from my dreamy wish list. My youngest son and I made a trip to Barnes and Nobles book store here in Greensboro to see about purchasing the Baby Knits for Beginners book by Debbie Bliss. When we got there, we had a hard time finding the crafts section but a lovely employee was most helpful in my search.



I looked and looked for the book on the shelf, but I was unable to find it. I could not remember the name of the book at the time, but I did know the author. The helpful employee asked me if I knew the book if I saw the cover. I told her "yes" and she looked up all the books by Debbie Bliss in the computer. I took a look and there it was! The only thing was, there was only one copy of the book in the store. Well, I knew I was looking for a lost cause in that huge book store.


I keep looking in and around the crafts section area, but no luck. And just when I was about to give up, my wonderful helper put the only copy in the store in my hand! I was so happy. I had been debating whether or not I wanted to purchase this book, but after she placed in my hand with her warm smile. I knew I was suppose to have it.






I also purchase the Peru Luxury DK Yarn in the color Peruvian Skies from Little Knits. This yarn is a beautiful baby blue and at under $26 for a full bag of 10 balls, I had to have it! Peru Luxury is a DK weight yarn with great yardage (124 yards per 50 gram skein). It is 70% Merino, 20% Alpaca and 10% Silk and has a gauge of 5.5 stitches per inch on US size 6 needles. This was a steal! I don't know what I will make with it yet, but I am happy to add it to my stash.

I also purchased 5 skeins Knit Picks Shine Sport in the color Orchid, the color card for the Shine Sport and, a pair of 24" US size 3 circular needles. I purchased this yarn to make the Dress with Eyelets for the Debbie Bliss book. This was the first time I purchased anything from Knit Picks. I have to say I am extremely happy with my purchased! The color of the yarn on their site does not do this yarn justice and the needles are great to work with. I see myself making more purchases from this supplier.


No comments: