Cast On: March 27, 2007
Bind Off: May 22, 2007
Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton in Misty
Inspiration: Stitch Diva's Sahara in Cap Sleeves
Needles: Size 6 for the edge details, Size 8 for the rest
Yardage: 10 Balls with some left over
- The number of decreases at the waist and hips.
- Omitted the short rows at the hem.
- The top is a 2X and the bottom is a 3X.
- I changed the type of yarn.
- The needle sizes to get gauge.
Enjoyment Factor: 8
The Good: This yarn was such a beautiful shade of Grey and I love the fact that I could try on the sweater as I was knitting, because it is knitted from the top to the bottom. My first completed sweater and first KAL with the SKC.
The Bad: It was the first time I worked on wraps & turns or "short rows" and that was a challenge. Also, the provisional cast on was no fun.
The Ugly: I did not make my personal deadline of May 9th. But I did have some happy distractions!