29 May 2007

Completed Project: Sahara Cap Sleeves

Cast On: March 27, 2007
Bind Off: May 22, 2007
Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton in Misty
Inspiration: Stitch Diva's Sahara in Cap Sleeves
Needles: Size 6 for the edge details, Size 8 for the rest
Yardage: 10 Balls with some left over
Modifications: Many.

  • The number of decreases at the waist and hips.
  • Omitted the short rows at the hem.
  • The top is a 2X and the bottom is a 3X.
  • I changed the type of yarn.
  • The needle sizes to get gauge.

Enjoyment Factor: 8

The Good: This yarn was such a beautiful shade of Grey and I love the fact that I could try on the sweater as I was knitting, because it is knitted from the top to the bottom. My first completed sweater and first KAL with the SKC.

The Bad: It was the first time I worked on wraps & turns or "short rows" and that was a challenge. Also, the provisional cast on was no fun.

The Ugly: I did not make my personal deadline of May 9th. But I did have some happy distractions!

No comments: