09 June 2007

Moving on to Bigger and Better Things

I have been busy these past few days preparing for the graduations of my oldest son Jalen. He graduated from Pre-School today along with 19 other students. As you can see, he was very happy about his big day.


I also got a huge shock at the ceremony. I was voted the Classroom Most Outstanding Parent. I was surprised! I got a certificate and had to go up in front of the whole crowd of parents, family, and friends. My other family member in attendance cheered me on. It was great!


As Jalen's parents, his Dad and I wanted to do something special for him. So, we decided to do what we do best, we had a BIG BOYKIN COOKOUT! We had grandparents, aunts, an uncle, cousins, and friends of the family all at our home to celebrate in our happiness. Our son really enjoyed learning and playing with his classmates this past school year. They went on several educational and fun field trips. Jalen loved his teachers Ms. Croom and Ms. Benjamin and he will miss them and his classmates next year. I just hope he has a wonderful school year in Kindergarden like the one he experienced in Pre-School. We are so very proud of him.


No comments: