01 May 2007

Learning Something New

I am at the point on my Sahara sweater that I had to learn a new technique stated in the pattern as "wrap & turn". I had no idea what they were talking about, but after some searching on the web I discovered it is also called short row knitting.

I also was able to find details on how to do this wrap & turn technique in my Vouge Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book. This book has everything you will need to know about knitting. It is the one I refer to the most. It wasn't the first knitting book I ever purchased, but I am happy I added it to my collection!

Sahara is about 75% done and I have 2 weeks until my personal deadline. I have a lot of family coming up to visit is the next few weeks and I know is will be distraction from my knitting. My brother, Chip, will be flying in from San Diego, CA where he is stationed with the US Marines. It will be great to see him, because we haven't seen him in over a year. But I am still determined to stick to my deadline of May 9th to finish my project.




No comments: