02 July 2007

Newly Added To The Collection

Well, the UPS delivery man just left and I have something new to add to my yarn stash. I have been looking forward to my arrival of this wonderful yarn. A local craft store here in town carried this yarn last fall and I fell in love with it! But I just could not afford enough to make a sweater. It was going for $6.99 per skein. Well as you can see I have several skeins now --30 in total.

I purchased this yarn from Little Knits online. It is called Peru Luxury DK and it is made of 70% Merino, 20% Alpaca and 10% Silk. It has 124 yards/50 gram skein and knits at 5.5 stitches/ inch on US size 6 needles. I ordered the Beige with a hint of Khaki, the Imperial Purple, and the Peruvian Skies. A 10 count bag was only $25.75 or you can buy it by the skein for $2.99. Believe me, you are getting an amazing value if you just buy it by the bag. It is super soft and has beautiful stitch definition. It is so worth it's price and worth the small wait for it to arrive.

No comments: