29 August 2007

Letting Go!

Yesterday was the first day of school for my oldest son. The night before I was so worried he would be nervous about meeting new people and being at a brand new school without his old friends. All that night, I kept thinking about the rainy night he was born. It seems just like yesterday he was my little baby and now he is almost 5 years old. I don't know why but it seems like once children enter school the years go by faster.

He got up that morning with his fresh hair cut and eyes all bright excited to carry his new CARS backpack to school. We attended open house the afternoon before and my husband and joined the PTA. Jalen met his teachers and some of the students. When we got to the school, we all walked him in as a family. He even directed me, his dad, and his brother down the hallway to his classroom all on his own. When we got ready to leave, we said our good-byes for now and I almost started to cry, but I held it together. On the other hand, my youngest son began to cry and my husband had to pick him up.

I picked him up at the end of the school day and his teacher brought him right to my car. He had the biggest smile on his face. He and his teacher said they had a wonderful day. I was so happy to here that, because it made it easy for me to let him go this morning.


No comments: