04 October 2007

Completed Project: Boat-Neck Baby Sweater


Cast On:
September 26, 2007

Bind Off:
October 3, 2007

Yarn:
Moda Dea Washable Wool in Ivory and Moss

Inspiration:
Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss

Needles:
Clover Straight Bamboo Needles in US 7 for edging & US 8 for sweater body & sleeves.

Yardage:
1 ball each of Ivory and Moss with lots left over.

Modifications:
Not many. I changed the type of yarn and I added the two green stripes.

Enjoyment Factor: 10

Good Things:
This yarn is a great yarn to knit with. It is machine washable, but suggests you lye flat to dye. The project only took 7 days to complete and I think it turned out great!

Bad Things:
The yarn does split some as you knit with it, so you have to be careful.

Ugly Things:
I don't know if it is because I am pregnant or what, but the smell of wet wool is not pleasant!

No comments: