15 October 2007

The Greensboro Ebony Elite Meet-Up

When I received an email from two of the members of Ebony Elite informing me of a group meeting this past Saturday in Greensboro, I really wanted to go!!! I didn't know if I would be able due to my husband's work schedule, but everything worked out and I did go!!!! We all met up at Yarn, Etc in downtown Greensboro. It was the first of three yarn shop stops. I met two other women from Greensboro, two from Charlotte, and one from Raleigh. Here is a photo of all but one of the ladies at Yarn, Etc. I didn't see anything in this yarn shop, but I knew lunch was next on our stop and I was hungry!! Here are photos of the inside on Yarn, Etc. and of some beautiful Classic Elite Wool Bam Boo.



Everyone loved the food and the desserts at Ganache. If you are ever in Greensboro, NC, you must visit this restaurant and bakery. You won't be disappointed! After lunch, we visited The Stitch Point. Here is a photo of all the ladies in front of the store.

Once again I didn't purchase anything, but this shop seemed to be more dedicated to stitch crafts not yarn. Now the last stop was the best stop! I have shopped at This and That before and they have a wonderful selection of yarns. I was not able to stay in this shop long because it was getting close to time for my husband to go to work, but I did purchase two balls of some of the prettiest tweed I have ever seen!!! It is Tahki Yarns' New Tweed. It is 60% Merino Wool, 14% Silk, and 26% Viscose. Just look at it . . . the color says everything!!! I think I will make the Hawkeye hat I discovered on Ravelry.

I really had a great time this weekend and I can't wait until the next meet-up!! Thank you ladies for the invite.

1 comment:

Virtuous said...

I am so glad we got to meet each other! You are so sweet!

I enjoyed all of y'all!

Hope we can squeeze one more visit in before the baby is here.