16 October 2007

Completed Project: Top Knot Seed Hat


Cast On:
October 15, 2007

Bind Off:
October 16, 2007

Yarn:
Moda Dea Bamboo Wool in Chili Pepper

Inspiration:
My own creation based on my Perfect Baby Booties.

Needles:
US size 8 circular & double pointed needles

Yardage:
What was leftover from the Perfect Baby Booties skein & I still had yarn left!!{145 yd per ball}

Modifications:
I can't really say there were any modifications since I was doing it out of my head.

Enjoyment Factor: 8

Good Things:
A cute simple little hat that matches the baby booties. Plus, it was a quick knit.

Bad Things:
The yarn does split some as you knit with it, so you have to be careful.

Ugly Things:
There are little gaps at the decrease points from the double pointed needles. I don't know if I didn't pull the yarn tight enough or what, but the hat is still cute!

1 comment:

Virtuous said...

Okay you are getting too cute over here for me! I gotta do a set now too to match the booties I was inspired to do by you!

Sigh...but I am scared of doing hats. The one I have been working on also has HUGE gaps where the decreases are too....:o( I have NO idea what I am doing wrong....RIPPIT RIPPIT RIPPIT