26 November 2007

Completed Project: Forest Cable Knit Hat


Cast On:
November 19, 2007

Bind Off:
November 21, 2007

Yarn:
Moda Dea Vision in Forest

Inspiration:

Needles:
US size 7 circulars and double-pointed needles

Yardage:
I had a good amount of this yarn left over {155 yd per ball}

Modifications:
I cabled to the front not the back. It is easier for me.

Enjoyment Factor: 9

Good Things:
The pattern was simple, the colors in the yarn are lovely, and the yarn is warm and soft for a wool & acrylic mix!

Bad Things:
I can't say much bad about this pattern.

Ugly Things:
The yarn is not dryable in the machine.

6 comments:

Virtuous said...

I was wondering about you and what you have been working on!

Gurl you have a great knack for finding the best patterns! I love coming over here for the treasure hunt!

Hope your Thanksgiving was nice!

urbanknitrix said...

Soooo pretty!!! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady! How's the pregnancy! Love that blanket and the hat is cute!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

Lisa said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! I live up in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and am so inspired by your projects! That hat is SO lovely! I check in on you daily, and wish you the best of luck with your new addition!

Nik said...

I have been trying to figure out FOR YEARS (ok, I'm exaggerating a little) how to leave comments on this here blog. I finally read the sidebar.

That hat looks great. And that baby blanket is coming along quite nicely, dear. Love the colors you chose.

Anonymous said...

I happened upon your wonderful blog because I was looking for a simple hat with cables (well, I am so new to knitting in the round *and* cables!). I love your Forest Cable Knit Hat. It's just gorgeous! I might try this unless I find something simpler. :-P

I will be back--I love all the beautiful things you've knit!

Oh, I have a tiny blog here, but I don't keep it up. My main blog/journal is at my website, with my LiveJournal being secondary. Links are on the sidebar of my Blogger blog. :-)