03 December 2007

Completed Project: Heathered Fetching Hat


Cast On:
November 27, 2007

Bind Off:
November 30, 2007

Yarn:
Moda Dea Bamboo Wool in Heather Gray

Needles:
US size 8 circulars and double-pointed needles

Yardage:
I had a good amount of this yarn left over {145 yd per ball}

Modifications:
I decided to make a K4,P1 rib edging and added two more cable twist near the top of the hat before decreasing.

Enjoyment Factor: 8

Good Things:
The pattern was simple, the colors in the yarn are lovely and super soft.

Bad Things:
This pattern is only written for a baby. I had originally made it for my youngest son CTB, but came out a little small. So, Baby Boykin will get the honor of having yet another hat by mommy!

Ugly Things:
I can't really say anything ugly about the pattern. The next time I make this hat, I will cast on more stitches to fit an adult head!

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

I swear I will just read your blog for all the great patterns you find! HAHA! :o)
I save all of them!!!

Very nice hat! But I thought it was adult size too! Let me know how many you CO when you do.

Hope you are feeling good over there!

Nik said...

I am working on a hat I've designed for the Snookums with the Moda Dea Bamboo Wool. It iw very soft. Which will be good for his bald head.